PART THREE- Day two of the music

 Part three, day two

Friday August 16 2024

We weren’t familiar with any of the performers in today’s lineup but were entertained and pleased with each of the bands. One act was particularly good, they were called Southern Legacy. We hope to see them again sometime. 



I cooked on the griddle yesterday and today. I barely got done grilling today when we had a sudden rain. It was just the harbinger of more to come, during the evening set, the show had to stop and wait for a strong storm to pass. The rain on the tin roof of the pavilion was so loud, you could not hear the entertainers. Nobody got wet, there was no thunder or lightning close by and the show was only delayed about 15 minutes.

Millie and I have been on one long walk around the rally grounds, stopping to listen to several groups of Jam sessions at different folk’s RV’s. We think some people just come to these events for these gatherings of musicians amongst the rally goers.

Jammers=impromptu gathering of musicians


We probably walked two or three miles in total and I forgot my knee brace, I’ll pay for that tomorrow. I guess climbing a mountain called The Incline in Colorado will be the pinnacle of my adventure conquests. A couple months ago I was training for a 35 mile bike race when my left knee gave out. Seems I have worn out all the cartilage on one side of the knee.  I have been trying to protect the knee prior to this trip because in two days I plan on riding seventeen miles from Abingdon VA to Damascus VA. More about that later.

The incline and return on the zig-zag Barr trail



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great 2024 Summer Road Trip Begins

Nashville

The Denton Malpass Brothers Country and Bluegrass Festival